RESOURCES FOR BUYERS
Things to Consider Before Buying a Home
- Check Your Credit – Your credit is crucial when applying for a loan; the better your score, the lower your interest rates will be. Check all three major credit reporting companies: Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion as the information in each report may vary. A good lender can often recommend some easy tips how you can improve your score.
- Find a Lender – Most people need to take out a loan when buying a home, and you’ll want to be prepared to make an offer when you find that perfect home. Compare lenders. Once you have a good fit, it’s important to get preapproved for a loan before you start looking at homes. This ensures searches are conducted in your affordability range. We can recommend trusted, independent, local lenders who are available to you 7 days/week, but you may choose whatever lender you want.
- Price Range – A good Lender will help you calculate what’s realistic for you before considering different areas to live in to be sure things stay within your budget. A good lender does not want you to get over-extended.
- Research – Finding the right home can be time consuming, but it’s important to consider everything before you decide. A good Realtor can help immeasurably—and did you know as a buyer, you pay no Realtor commissions. Factors include: What’s the commute like to work? If you have kids, what are the schools like in the area? What is the minimum number of bed and bathrooms that you need? Do you prefer a newer or older styled home; a move-in ready home, fixer upper, or something in between? We are dedicated to helping you through the entire home buying process. Once we find that perfect home, We prepare a written offer for your review after analyzing sales of similar homes. With our experience in the market, We can help you arrive at an offer that both fits your budget and has the best chance of being accepted.
- Once Your Offer is Accepted – After your offer is accepted, you’ll have a option period to have the house professionally inspected and request repairs or counter offer if the situation arises. You will also want to work closely and expeditiously with your Lender to submit all info needed to get your loan approved. Chief among our responsibilities is to make sure you meet all specified deadlines (and there are several) to ensure you are fully protected throughout the selling or buying process. We are here to assist you with any questions you may have during the process.
Approaching Moving Time! – As you approach your settlement (closing) date, if you are a buyer, there are several preparations to make and we can be counted on to help. You may need a professional moving company, a locksmith to re-key locks, the installation of a security system, change of utility accounts to your name, and submission change of address forms. We can also refer you to trusted, independent service people to assist with that special project. Once a client, you are always our client.